If you wanted to find out how to make money online at home, you can go to Google and search for advice. We all know that there is thousands of opportunities available online but very little advice as to which is the best option for you.
Different Ways to Make Money Online
If you decide to work for someone else online and you just want to earn some extra cash to help you make ends meet, you can consider doing online jobs for freelance work or participating in online surveys.
If you are interested in any of the above categories, search in Google which is the best by checking reviews. Always remember that most of these online jobs are free to join. If you encounter some online jobs requiring you to pay a certain amount just to join, stay away as these are mostly scams.
Here are some of the sites you can check if you’re looking for an online job.
- https://www.upwork.com ( oDesk)
Pros – large network of developers, tools for tracking employees (keyboard, mouse activity, screenshots), no limit on bids so you can find cheap work
Cons – no limit on bids so jobs often reduce to pricing wars and quality can fall by the wayside, no escrow system, users can game profile ratings by hiding negative ratings and having friends provide feedback, etc.
Pros – geared towards fixed-bid work (hire-by-hour or by-project), minimum bid ($50) keeps out some lower-quality programmers (also requires payment to start account)
Cons – this applies to ODesk too but sometimes contractors will try to sell your projects or solutions to other employers, pricier than ODesk, dispute system incurs a fee for both parties, buyers sometimes avoid giving bad feedback b/c they find that it becomes more difficult to find bidders if they do.
Pros – pay through milestone complete, suited to smaller jobs, good for project-based work
Cons – similar to many of the above i.e. game able ratings, lack of talent in pool
Pros – all developers have proven records as senior guys and have passed tough screening process, all English speakers, team of staff engineers help you pick developers, engagements begin with trial period which can be canceled up to two weeks for no fee
Cons – more expensive than other options, only T&M
Pros – lots of US-based workers, pay for completed work via escrow system
Cons – costly if non-member (10+%), otherwise monthly fee
more focused on full-time hires
Online Survey Sites You Can Try
If you would like to participate in online surveys, you can try the following sites. However, the earnings in online surveys are not so much. You could only earn an extra cash but not sufficient enough to quit your day job. Here are some of them:
- Mobrog.com is a survey site where you can take surveys for cash and is actually one of the best survey sites that pay in cash. You can easily fill out surveys on your computer via their online panel. They send you regular invitations by email to take part in surveys online. They tell you in advance how long the survey will take and how much you will be paid for it. You decide each time if you want to take the survey or not, and if you would find the survey interesting.
- Mysurvey.com is an online paid surveys community where consumers influence future products and services by volunteering to participate in consumer research, such as online surveys, diaries and product tests. Consumer research is discovering what people want and need by asking for opinions about products and services through surveys and product testing.
- PaidViewPoint.com is a survey site where you can take surveys for cash. They will never screen you out once you’ve been invited into a survey, unlike most other survey sites that you first have to answer several questions and then stand the risk of being disqualified because you don’t fit in their target group.
- Toluna.com is a recognized and leading survey company, with their surveys and technology being widely used. There are in fact other survey sites that actually use Toluna surveys as their daily surveys. They are also a developmental company who continuously strife for accurate survey responses, with new products and technology. Toluna has been founded in 2000 and has over 6 million members. They have more than 16 offices in Europe, North America and Asia Pacific, and are truly pioneers in the dynamic world of market research.
Setup an Online Business
Lastly, you can also make money online at home by setting up an online business. You’re not working for somebody else. You are your own boss. You work at your own pace. Nobody dictates you what to do.
Starting an online business requires only a minimum amount of capital. If you already have an offline business, you can have more customers if you bring your business to the next level through the power of internet. What I mean is you should have a website to show your potential customers what your online business is all about. Even you don’t have an existing business but want to setup an online business that will still be possible.
No experience in building a website? Don’t worry, building a website today is easy. It doesn’t require you to be a programmer to make one today.
There are free website building platforms out there, but mostly you are left on your own. Nobody will teach you what to do if you are stuck in your website building.
Do you need help?
If you’re really interested in building an online business, I’m here to offer my assistance. Please read my review of My No.1 Recommended Program and if you’ve decided to try it, you can JOIN HERE for FREE.
Here at Wealthy Affiliate as a FREE Starter Member you’ll have access to Beginner Training Course, Phase 1 of Affiliate Bootcamp Training, build two free websites with free hosting and much more. Here you are taught about affiliate marketing. You are guided step by step from selecting a niche based on your passion, choosing a domain name, building up your website, creating contents, attracting traffic and how to monetize your website. You’ll not regret joining this no.1 online business education platform.
If you’re determined to succeed in your online business, just follow the step by step training. But I am warning you, this will not make you rich overnight. Your success depends on how you put effort into working on your online business.
If you have further questions, feel free to leave your comments below. Thank you for dropping by.