Don’t know where to start your online business? Do you have a product/service you want to market online? If so, you need to have a website so people will know about it. After having a website, you must know how to market your product/service in order to make sales.
Here are some of the steps you need to know in Building an Online Business.
1. Choose what you want to do. Stick with a hobby or interest. This means you’ll already have good product knowledge and more importantly, be passionate what you are doing. When you choose a passion, success is more likely to follow.
2. Identify an issue / need, evaluate the potential and be ready to leverage it. Use Google Adwords keyword tool, the WA Keyword research tool or the JAAXY to measure the potential based on relevant keywords.
3. Assess the competition. See what they do good and look even more closely at what they do bad. Work out on your way on how to stay on top of the competition. It can be something like offering cheaper prices, better customer service, newer products with better quality and so on.
4. Brand yourself. Your brand is extremely important and it’s the first part of marketing. It is your promise to your customer. It tells them what they can expect from your products and services, and it differentiates your offering from your competitors’.
5. Build a website. The website should be themed around your brand image. Here in Wealthy Affiliate, we can build a website according to our liking, professionally looking, and revenue ready website. This is the foundation of your business and what will ultimately lead to a successful venture.
6. Market shamelessly. Tell everyone about your site. It can be through social media like Facebook, Google +, Twitter, Pinterest. You can add it to every directory and search engine you can find. Get into related forums and chat rooms.
7. Utilize PR marketing. You can submit an article about your new business to newspapers if you are savvy enough to be able to get a story printed, then you’ll have thousands of resultant visitors.
8. Close your sales. You need all these people to buy from your site. Don’t be arrogant, but tell people about how great your product is. Create a ” need ” for your customer to purchase your products, as opposed to a ” want “.
9. Distribute newsletter sales. Offer a free email newsletter on your site, where people can enter their email and receive great hints and tips on your expertise.
10. Work hard and commit to it. Remember that success comes to those who work for it, which generally most people don’t like to do. That means there is less competition.
11. Do not ignore an offline impact of your online business. Many people ignore the backend, logistic portion of online businesses, however, that is equally important.
12. Remember that online businesses are a finished product of efficient offline behavior and attractive online presence. A large number of retailers sell their products on physical stores as well as through e-commerce website. The brick-and-click business model allows businesses to leverage the advantages of both traditional and online business models while eliminating the drawbacks that come from not employing one or the other type of model.
By following the above steps, anyone, planning to do business online will see success when implemented properly. If you want to know some online business ideas, read it HERE.
If you have any questions or need additional information, leave your comments below and I’ll attend to it.
Thanks for stopping by.