If you are a website owner or a blogger and want to monetize your website or blog, Amazon Associates program is a good way to add affiliate money making opportunities. With this program, you can add Amazon product links to your website and get commissions, also known as advertising fees when someone clicks your link and makes a purchase.
While Amazon’s commission structure is relatively low, the program offers many advantages and is very easy to use. You can create an aStore and select Amazon products you want to sell. You can also use Amazon widgets on your sidebar with your links embedded in every product. For more promotions, you can visit the Promotions Hub and discover their new promotions and events.
What is Amazon Associates Program
Amazon is a giant online shopping where millions of people buy products every day and most of the sales are generated through the affiliate links of Amazon Associates.
Amazon Associates program is a program where anyone with a website can promote any products that Amazon are selling and in return earns an advertising fee from the products sold through the affiliate’s links. Amazon Associates is one of the first online affiliate marketing programs and was launched in 1996. The Amazon Associates program has a more than 12 year track record of developing solutions to help website owners, Web developers, and Amazon sellers make money by advertising millions of new and used products from Amazon.com and its subsidiaries.
Amazon pays different advertising fees for various categories, and it varies between 2% to 10%. While Amazon does not pay the highest commission compared to other Affiliate Programs, they are one of the most popular and best to join because they have extensive selections of products, and you can surely find any products that you are interested in within the site.
How to become an Amazon Associate
Before you join the Amazon Associates program, make sure that you have enough contents in your niche website. You create contents based on products you want to promote and have a passion for that product so that you will not be hard up in creating more contents for your site.
It is important to spend a bit of time in creating your website and then try to get some traffic first, otherwise no one would be able to see the Amazon products you are promoting.
When you already have a few posts on your website, you can apply as an Amazon Associate. Here are the steps to follow if you want to apply as an Amazon Associate.
- Set up your website or blog.To apply for the Amazon Associates program, you will need a website address, and will also have to be able to describe what your website is about, other advertising or affiliate listings on your site and who your target audience is.
- Go to Amazon.com.If you already have an account with Amazon, log in. This will list the Associates Account under your existing Amazon account; if you want it to be separate, create a new Amazon account first. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click ” Become an Affiliate”
- On the next page, click “Join Now for Free.” Then click “New Customer” on the login screen. You will have to enter your name and email address and choose a password to create an account.
4. Fill in the application fields.First you have to fill out your Account Information. Enter your name, address, city, state, zip code and other contact information.
5. Then on the next form, you’ll need to enter your Website List and confirm compliance.
6. The third form will be about your Website Profile – what it is all about, then the next will be your Identity Verification.
7. After you are verified, you’ll need to agree with the Contract Terms of the Associates Program Operating Agreement by clicking “ Agree “ and then click “ Finish “.
8. Wait for notification from Amazon that your account has been approved. After your application has been approved, you’ll be provided with your affiliate link id and then you can start using the Associates Central.
If your affiliate links have not referred a sale after 180 days, your application and access to Associates Central will be withdrawn.
Ways on How to Promote Amazon Products
Log on to Amazon with your affiliate log on. Look for products you know your friends and family will like. Once you find your product, share the link on social media, making sure your affiliate code is in the link. This way, you can earn a little extra on everything sold on Amazon’s main page.
If you have a Twitter account and want to earn money from Amazon with your affiliate link, simply grab the link to the product, and shorten it, using a service like bit.ly. This lets you share the link quickly on Twitter while still giving your followers the same benefit as if you sent them the full, long link.
If you are using your own website make you sure do not use link cloaking and you make it clear you will be sending traffic to Amazon
My Final Thoughts of Amazon Associates Program
I’ve been an Amazon Associate for a number of months and I already earned advertising fees from the sales of products through my affiliate link.So I can assure you that this program really works.
If you think affiliate marketing sounds like a lot of hard work, well, you’re right. What would you prefer, build your own online business or just hopping from one shiny object to another, scam after scam?
If you are interested in affiliate marketing, I can help you. You can register HERE for your free account.
Have any further questions, feel free to leave your comments below and I’ll get back to you soon. Thank you for dropping by.